What tasks do you routinely do that you wish were automated?

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:07 AM

This question is how this project began, and it is how this project will continue to grow and become more useful.  Please, feel free to add thoughts on what parts of your job as a DBA you wish were automated.  Maybe together we can come up with a solution.

Jun 14, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Hi.

This project sounds really nice. We have also a lot of servers with instances on it and the administration is getting more and more difficult.

We work alot with replications between the servers as also to a central server to get all the data for our bi tool.

So i think to manage the repliaction within this tool would be wounderfull for us!

Cheers

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Hey flatliner.  Thanks for the input.  I hope you know that I saw your statement right away even though I didn't comment.  I personally don't have experience with replication but another of my team members does.  I've passed your suggestion on to him so he can think about it and determine when/if he could fit this request - or something similar - into his workload.  Which really is a bit about finding how it fits into our daily workload so we can justify working on automating that work to free up our time for other work.  :)